Providing Psychosocial Support for Women and Girls Affected by Gender-Based Violence Introduction video
Providing Psychosocial Support for Women and Girls Affected by Gender-Based Violence
To effectively show up for someone who has had experiences with abuse, one has to have an intimate knowledge of what trauma can look like, how it affects the body and the mind and how it can show up in their day to day life.
- 0 Enrolled
- Last updated Oct 2021
This course aims to inform members of the LBQ community how to engage survivors in a way that recognizes the weight of trauma, and prioritises their agency. As well as give them the skills and qualities that we need to best engage survivors.
What you’ll learn
- Understanding of different types of trauma and how they manifest
- The principles of trauma informed care and retraumatizion
- Transtheorectical Model of Change
- Creating effective helping relationships with survivors
- Basic knowledge of gender-based violence
- Interest in learning how to respond to women in crisis
No FAQ added by author.